Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Got Me Eye Goggles Again - Helps Me To See Better, Including Dan Eldon's Journals

When I returned from the holidays, I finally decided to have my eyes checked. It turns out that Lasik was pretty miraculous, and I can see far away with 20/20 vision. I can't, however, see anything within inches of my nose (including books I've had to hold far away from my nose to read). I also use one eye and a time (not new news) and have a stronger right eye than left. So, the optometrist suggested, "You could use cheaters, but they will not strengthen your eyes like a prescription, especially since each eye has different needs."

So, I got glasses again after 20 years of not needing them.

They are, however, only for reading and desk work -- anything that is immediately in front of my face,like my cellphone and menus. The picture of me with the glasses is fallacy, however, because with them on I can't see a thing that isn't directly in front of my face. I have to take them off to see in the distance, so when I did the selfie, it was all a blur.

Yadda yadda yadda.

Last night, while prepping for classes , especially with Dan Eldon's journals, a 23 year old journalist and artist who died too young, I realized I couldn't see the photos I wanted to select. I called the optometrist who said, "We've had your glasses since the first week of January. You never came for them them." They never called. It turned out they dialed 203 rather than 315. Their error. When they said they were in, I immediately drove to get them. And, when I returned, I was able to see everything on my lap and in my hands. That is new to me! I'm excited, although it troubles me to now have farsighted vision, and not near sighted. It all changed so quick.

I am excited, however, to introduce undergraduate writers (being asked to keep a writer's notebook) to see Dan Eldon's visual journaling and commentary that he kept in note books (Check out his work here: http://www.daneldon.org). Mark, my cousin, introduced me to his artwork when we were in our twenties and ever since I've been mesmerized and how he captured his thoughts and memories. For a word guy like me, I get excited about visuals like his. I'm in awe of them (especially since they were daily doodles).

So, last night I could see such doodles as well as think ahead for the classes I'm teaching. It's back to back, I'm nervous I won't accomplish everything, but I am excited to see up close again, without having to lean my head waaaaaaay back. Ah, but I also know that it's stress time because, like my keys and wallet, I now have something else to misplace and lose. One of the reasons I had Lasiks in the first place is because I hated always being in search of my glasses.

Oh, eyes. Oedipus doesn't truly see until they are gone.

2 comments:

  1. URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on the net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR.IFADE of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left me and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instructions given to me. I am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and I pray God almighty gives you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationships and marital problems like mine. For help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below.

     
    Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com 
     
    WhatsApp Number: +2349060120490 OR +1(551) 333-5249.






    URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on the net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR.IFADE of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left me and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instructions given to me. I am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and I pray God almighty gives you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationships and marital problems like mine. For help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below.

     
    Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com 
     
    WhatsApp Number: +2349060120490 OR +1(551) 333-5249.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete