Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Roads To Hell Are Paved with Macaroni and Cheese. I Tried To Be Good.

 My Tuesday started early and I made my way through emails and recommendations before heading to the gym and then to my office. I met my program manager for lunch and had a wonderful vegetarian meatball, a smoothie made of every green vegetable on the planet, and a bowl of yellow squash soup. I felt healthy, alive and refreshed before moving behind my desk to get going on the new year.

On my mind, however, was walking the dog and heading home to finish the chores (unloading the dishwasher, putting away laundry, getting books onto the right shelves), so my office visit was short lived. When I got home, the temperatures rose to a balmy 28 degrees so Glamis and I went for an extra long walk. When I returned, I was starving.

Greens and yellow soup with vegetarian meatballs are short-lived in the stomach.

When I was invited to macaroni and cheese (with left over crab cakes and ravioli) I couldn't help but say, 'I'm in." I wanted the heftiness of the mac n cheese.

I tried to kick of solutions with zest, but sometimes holiday leftovers are much more satiable to the palette. Of course, we watched the news like teachers do in anticipation of a potential northeastern that is currently predicted to blow out to see. Still, the ominous threat that it might move inward and dump 20 inches of snow got everyone exited that there could be a snow-ma-geddon in CT on Thursday and Friday, so the excitement rose...

...no school! That would be great...

"It's going east," I said. They responded, "No, it's okay....as long as we get two to four inches, everything will have to shut down."

I don't think when I was a student, I realized that teachers were as anxious about winter weather as students are: they may want a day off more than the kids.

So I moved from lettuce to carbs in a snap of a finger. Transitioning to 2018 might be a little more difficult than I thought.

Ah, but I'm hoping the clouds will come in from sea and give us the first taste of Ol' Man Winter so that my teaching friends can get another day to chill out. The one week off was a teaser. I know they want more. Me? I have to watch their whims and fancies because their snow catastrophes mandate my work schedule and sequence each week. I'm meeting with principals today...hoping to get a full schedule in place.

The skies, however, may have a different story for us all.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete