Wednesday, March 14, 2018

The Storm That Was...and Wasn't...But the Movements Must Continue

We got the snow they predicted.

We also got warmer temperatures that quickly melted the snow fall. It barely stuck to the roads (no need for plows) and except for the back porch, I didn't have to shovel as much as I anticipated. I took the snow day and accomplished what I wanted, but there's never enough hours in the day, even when they magically arrive.

Today, I must figure out my next move as I need to be in DC for congressional visits by Thursday morning, followed by presentations at NCTEAR at Towson University. I've decided I would drive this year because of the need to be at another location for the research work. I'm glad that the weather offered some sunshine to make the possibility a little greater.

Now, I simply need to get a house/dog sitter as previous arrangements fell through in the last 24 hours. I need someone to feed and walk the dog (missing my Syracuse proximity where 5388 Amalfi Drive was always an option).

I'm thankful to live the life I do, but sometimes I wish I had the magical nose of Samantha or the genie bottle of Bewitched. At times, it seems a little tricky to make things work in my universe.

Fingers and toes are crossed that everything works out. The University has been closed, too, and I've been without a printer. I need to get materials copied before I head out (and I'm not looking forward to I-95 traffic that has been delayed 24 hours due to a blizzard in the northeast).

Everything will evolve as it will. That's the way it always works. I'm simply going to drink my coffee and let the world unravel as it will.

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment