Saturday, June 16, 2018

Backyard Family Fun & @NikkiIsgar Phone Thievery in Upstate New York

 I didn't get to my phone until late Friday night when I discovered these two monsters plaster the camera with their selfies (this was the only tame one, and they both looked good, so the kind, generous Uncle opted for this one). J.C. & Nikkerdoodles being silly while I played corn hole.

We opted for a fish fry and my stomach is regretting every mouthful. I'm not used to that much fried food and it burns. Ah, but we all were fed while the cousin dogs played and played and played.

Another highlight was taking my nephew Dylan to go see The Incredibles II which I've been waiting 14 years to see. I enjoyed the film, but I would have liked it about 12 years ago so that the wait wouldn't heighten my expectations so much. Don't get me wrong - it was clever and witty like the first film, but I was looking for a different story and one that would have covered all the years that have passed since.

The evening ended with a fire in my father's new Chimnea that my mom and I got him for Father's Day, and we competed the evening with marination by the fire while slapping mosquitos from our neck. There is something hypnotic about flames and Chitunga and I were the last ones left before I took a hose the last remaining embers at about 11.

So many years of Amalfi Drive/Cherry Heights togetherness and, well, the kids keep getting older, bigger and more mature. It seems strange to see the latest generation at the forefront of enjoying the pool, the food, and the games. It seems to go by a little too fast.

But that fried food. I said to Chitunga, "That might be it for me with CNY fish fries. My stomach can't take the acidity produced from the grease, although it's delicious going down.

And I'm feeling thankful for the Syracuse weather this week, as it's been kind for outdoor gatherings and long runs. I am feeling fortunate, indeed, to be able to work from the homeland and still find time to socialize. Great to see Rhiannon again, too.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete