Saturday, June 9, 2018

Okay, So It Will Be Two Months Late & The Last Day Before School Ends. It's Okay.

Here They Are To the Save The Day - Graduate Students Are On Their Way!

There are not too many people  on campus in the summer months when everything takes off for CWP-Fairfield and I've done a few 14-hour days this week in anticipation of working from Syracuse, New York next week. When I arrived yesterday morning to campus, I said I need to get the gift for Columbus School wrapped .My undergraduates and I worked hard on an art installation and it has been on display in my office, but it needs to be given to the kids of the K-8 school. I dropped wrapping paper off in the GSEAP office and lucky for me Lynn and a graduate student were working - they're always willing to help me out. The gift was wrapped and my intention was to leave by 2 pm to deliver the present to a school.

Nope. Let's just say that at 5 p.m. I finally left campus. Susan LaFrance and I worked as much as we could (even though the campus closes on noon on Fridays). It's the nature of grants and I'm thankful she is willing to put in as many hours as necessary to accomplish the tasks at hand. She is my right hand woman who works on these projects with me late into the evening and on weekends.

Needless to say, I failed to deliver the present. I called the school with apologies and they said, "Don't worry, we aren't finished until the 22nd. Phew. When I return from my working week in Syracuse, I'll still have time to drop it off.

Last night, driving errands with Chitunga, I admitted, "I'm exhausted. I can't have too much more of this. It's not right." I'm not sure what my next moves will be, but I no for sure I absolutely love all the work I do with CWP-Fairfield and the National Writing Project. That is my salvation and joy.

Okay, weekend - I am going on a cleaning spree today and then hosting a barbecue this afternoon. I wish I could say I'm more on top of my game than I actually am, but that is far from the truth.  I'm barely getting along.


1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete