Monday, August 6, 2018

I Would Have Never Forecasted This One - Thompson Twins & Culture Club at Foxwoods

Tunga's favorite musicians this last year have been Pat Benatar and Culture Club, both who have played at venues in Connecticut this summer. The Benatar tickets were a little pricy, but the Boy George ones were reasonable and he never attended a concert before.

So, last night we went to see the Thompson Twins and Culture club live and in concert at Mohegan Sun: the kid, Rhiannon, Pam, Kaitlyn and me. I would have bypassed the entire experience, but Pam got the tickets and it was a great first concert (I remember my experience with Meatloaf in Binghamton - a first concert needs to be something surreal).

We got home super late, so I'll keep this post short: (1) I knew a lot more Thompson Twins songs than I realized and (2) Boy George has better pipes than I ever realized. I guess I never recognized the funk, punk, island fusion, reggae influences to his music, but he highlighted many of them last night with his band and back up singers. I can only imagine that the back stores are out of this world and much of his life was a hot mess (that would be my guess).

Still, he gave a fantastic concert and it was fun watching everyone sing along. I expected more crazy in the crowd, but it was rather subdued. Only a few rainbow braids in fedoras. If 1985 Bryan was ever to predict a 2018 Bryan, he would have never thought he'd be at a Culture Club concert or viewing Boy George live. But, that's what happen and the kid was happy because of it.

That's what it's all about.




1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete