Saturday, September 8, 2018

It Was a Loss, but the Fairfield University Women's Volleyball Team Showed They Have Might

The match-up was intense against Michigan State, and after 3 successful volleyball seasons, and the fact that student Sydney Williams (now a senior) was playing in the tournament, I spent last night in Fairfield University's Alumni Hall.

See, I used to coach. No, not at the level of Division I volleyball, but high school...in a small school...of Kentucky...who used to play Indiana High School teams where girls were born as giraffes and trained to play volleyball beginning at age 2.

Whoosh. They were rough games.

The Stags fought hard, had some great momentum, but the game is 50% psychological and when the energy goes to the other team, part of the game is to hang on and fight back. That's didn't occur against Michigan State, although the Lady Stags showed they are up there with one of the nation's best programs. It was exciting and a great way to end the first week of a new semester.

I'm likely to head back today as the tournament also included the Stags playing Northeastern and Harvard at 3 pm and 7 pm. They've got the mojo, and I'd like to see them carry it through to the end....they were close with Michigan State and that is what is hardest to see.

I said to a father who was sitting by me, "I don't know how you watch this with a kid on the team. I'd be a nervous wreck." I feel this even more as we head to NCAA tournament season - the final 8 teams are always intense games.

All love to the hard work of the teams, though. Simply playing is deserving of a round of applause. The win in the cherry on the cupcake, though.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete