Thursday, September 20, 2018

Stretched Thin Too Soon This Semester, Wonder Dog Glamis Provides a Metaphor (and Humor)

Probably should begin this post by thanking Abu who left a pair of black socks on Mt. Pleasant 2 summers ago - whoops! Forgot to give the Nike stockings back (and they have more cache now, given the Kaepernick promotion by the company).

Last night, while I was working up until 9 p.m. to watch Big Brother, Glamis brought me every toy from her crate, including an old pair of socks that weren't enough to attract even the most desperate moth. It was a string. She was running back and forth with the string in her mouth and I thought, "You're that sad, dog, that you are playing with dental floss?"

I looked at the clock and it was 9:02.

I turned on CBS and saw that Big Brother was on at 8 p.m. - my bad...I thought it was Thursday.

The time I planned for mindless stupidity was then replaced with 60-minutes of Glamis time. She was in need of a new toy and I found the pair of socks in a drawer of yesteryear. I tied a knot and a game of tug-o-war, tag, chase, and wrestling began. She was ecstatic to have something new to play with (and it did not end for another 120 minutes). She tore into it, brought it to me to throw, and then went to war with the new socks.

Thanks, Abu. I owe you some footwear - what are those!?!!.

It's the little things.

Phew! I am a scheduled monster and I have my plans each night to accomplish. When a leisure activity - grading and watching stupid reality t.v. is messed up because I'm just as dumb as the show - I'm left with space that is unplanned and spontaneous. I know she loved every second of it and I imagine it will be a game for the next few weeks. Ahhhh, though. I need to know who won the Veto and, because I missed the show, I didn't grade the last 5 essays that I promised myself I would.

But Glamis is happy. I guess that counts most.

No comments:

Post a Comment