Friday, November 16, 2018

It Was a 14-Hour Flight (My Arms Are Tired From Flapping), But I Am @NCTE #NCTE18


  • The truth is, my flight left on time from Hartford. but a storm hit Philly about the time I was supposed to land.
  • That truth is we circled for a half hour but I still landed in time for my next flight.
  • The truth is that American Airlines decided that my flight would leave 10 minutes early, so they closed the door and wouldn't allow me and another fellow on even though we were there 20 minutes before the scheduled departure.
  • The truth is people were scrambling everywhere. 
  • The truth is a ticket agent said I might be able to make a flight to Charlotte if I went to Terminal A. I was in terminal F.
  • The truth is I'm a runner so me and this fellow ran. I estimate it was about 2 miles. I was happy about this because I wouldn't have to run later.
  • The truth is I got a ticket to Charlotte. The fellow with me was denied. I got the last one. Sometimes truths are hard to swallow.
  • The truth is we sat on the tarmac for over two hours.
  • The truth is, while we sat there, my teachers were arriving to Houston, but NCTE didn't have payment for them.
  • The truth is my University is on a new accounting system and this is par for the course.
  • The truth is they took my credit card
  • The truth is I had no knee room, but made it to Charlotte with a snoring man next to me and a much heavier credit card bill.
  • The truth is this drama allowed me time to read two books. 
  • The truth is I finally got to eat at 5:30 pm in Charlotte before I headed out to Houston.
  • The truth is that was the fastest 3 hours of my life because I was seated next to a colleague from Wake Forest and we caught up.
  • The truth is a Texan on the plane was not happy that we were talking the entire flight and he let us know when we landed, graciously rude with a Texan drawl about his need for sleep.
  • The truth is my Uber drive offered me several recipes that had helped his son get laid - Texas style - and that his map died so we used my phone to find the hotel.
  • The truth is our room is way nicer than I anticipated.
  • The truth is that Dave, Rich and Shaun had a bottle of bourbon waiting for me.
  • The truth is I sipped a bourbon before I quickly fell asleep.
  • The REAL truth is I can't wait to see everyone and I'm so excited to be here.

Two presentations today. Three Tomorrow and one more event on Sunday. I'm sipping my coffee now, but then sprinting to my first session.

Here's to all of us. 

1 comment:


  1. Hi everyone I'm Wayne Desmond
    Hi everyone I'm Wayne Desmond and am here to share the wonderful work Dr Believe did for me. After 5 years in marriage with my husband with 2 kids, my husband started acting weird and going out with other ladies and showed me cold love, on several occasions he threatens to divorce me if I dare question him about his affair with other ladies, I was totally devastated and confused until a old friend of mine told me about a spell caster on the internet called Dr. Believe who help people with relationship and marriage problem by the powers of love spells, at first I doubted if such thing ever exists but decided to give it a try, when I contact him, he helped me cast a love spell and within 48hours my husband came back to me and started apologizing, now he has stopped going out with other ladies and his with me for good and for real. Contact this great love spell caster for your relationship or marriage problem to be solved today via email: believelovespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp: +19713839183

    Here is my personal email: waynedesmond22@gmail.com if you wish to ask me anything



    ReplyDelete