Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Settling In To 2018. Slowly Getting Holiday Gifts Put Away & Organizing For a Return to Chaos

Tread mill - Check. Weights - Check. Glamis walked in the arctic cold - Check.

Furniture rearrangements and holiday unraveling (including lights and ornaments to the basement) - Check.

Pot roast in the crockpot - Check.

And Cynde's gift of a Crandall's Home Bar to store wine corks - Check (I'd been saving them to give to her so she could make a holiday wreath for herself...now I have a new place to store them).

For the first time in a decade, I was able to stay up to midnight to welcome the new year, and I wasn't able to get to bed until 2 a.m.. That doesn't matter, because my body still had me up by 7.

I am, however, grateful for the last two days to get my end-of-the-year traditions in place: this blog, my video montage, and my 2018 digital birthday card that I send to everyone on Facebook when it's time to celebrate their day!

Yesterday was definitely a transitional day, feeling more like a Sunday than a Monday. Shoot, I even put together a few bags of clothes for charity (something I've intended to do for quite a while). The garage, too, has been organized so that my Green Hulk can be in warmer temperatures...twice, he wouldn't start in Syracuse when the temperatures reached zero.

It's time to turn my academic brain back on, however, as grants are due, classes are approaching, conferences are coming, proposals are due, trips will be had, and papers need to be written. I'm holding my breath as I know it will all kick off in frantic land sooner than I wish for it. I even thought about settling down for a movie and chilling out on my last night (especially because, New Year's night while playing a board game I realized how few movies I really know). I couldn't find anything that interested me, however, which is fine because I prefer to read.

Today will be a day of scholarly organization and arrangements (which tends to require being in a sitting position all day). I will get to the gym again, and I need to get groceries, because....

refrigerator cleaned - Check.

And here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment