Saturday, February 10, 2018

Going Into The Weekend Like...Okay, Coffee...I'll Need You This Weekend

I know I need a few days in my office without any interruptions, emails, phone calls, text messages or face-to-face communication. I just need time to write grants, evaluate them, and to lay out a budget for projects still to come.

I felt somewhat satisfied when I went to bed last night that I finished one major project, but know that the other ones - bigger ones - loom ahead. Glamis had to carry me to bed. It's work that I love to do, but sometimes I wish I had doppelgängers to assist me in accomplishing all that still needs to be done.
Forget the dust rhinoceros's needing to be swept from Mt. Pleasant.

I've got my ram horns, however, and I'm charging ahead knowing all that stands before me for the next two months - it is NWP season, I'm excited for NCTEAR, and rapping up last summer before we start another one are all on the radar.

I need to shout out to the writers of This Is Us, Scandal, and How To Get Away With Murder who gave me background music for the week and momentary distractions where I looked up from my screen to a reminder that there's another world out there.

Still, I'm being wheeled into this weekend, dragging, and with visions of a raft, my parent's pool, and a good book (like Rebound, sent to me yesterday as an advance reader copy - so thankful to Houghton-Mifflin and Kwame Alexander for the read to come).

Happy Saturday, All. I used to TGIF. Now I am TGIM - Thank Got It's May. It can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment