Monday, February 12, 2018

Sundays are For A Real Meal and a Six Mile Run in the Rain To Take a Break

Received two hoodies from my older sister last week so that I could tackle the arctic on winter runs. The trouble has been that since they arrived the temperatures have been higher than 32 degrees! Ah, but after a day of pouring rain and fog, I looked out at the muck and said, "You need to run, Crandall. You need to blow off some steam!" and then you put on a hoodie to act like an umbrella.

It was a fantastic run, too, although running in a hoodie during the rain is like running with a wet towel on your head. My feet, too, were drenched, but in all honesty it felt wonderful.

I was on my arse from 7 a.m. until around 4 p.m. doing work yesterday. I knew a run would rejuvenate me to get back to work after I ate dinner.

Which I did.

I love my green beans, mushrooms, cranberries and almonds mix. Easy to make, colorful, and tasty. I was back at the work by 6 pm and went straight through until talking to Chitunga from 9 until 10:30...our Sunday night catch-up call.

I'm not sure what people did before FaceTime. It's my happiest time of the week (and fingers are crossed that he might be home for the summer with a possible internship in CT). That would be great.

The house was still not cleaned this weekend, but laundry was done. One class is almost ready to go and I have another one on the back burner with many ideas flying through my head (I know colleagues make fun of me for thinking about classes so much, but I rarely can do the same thing twice - I have to resurrect what works and doesn't work each year, as I trade one book for another and get to know my students who are rarely the same from year to year). It keeps me on my toes.

This is a week of meetings, followed by meetings, followed by meetings. I've yet to understand how they work, but 24 years in a profession, I know they are part of what one does in a career, even if they rarely accomplish anything.

Here's to another week and all the crazy that is sure to come. I have leftovers so I should be good for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete