Sunday, March 25, 2018

Hard To Beat Yesterday's Experiences, But On Sunday, I Have a Day of Refleciton

Yesterday, I took part of the March For Our Lives Shelton demonstration to be part of a National Movement like no other I've been part of. The Stoneman Douglas youth with their intellect, poise, integrity, passion and frustration, garnered an international movement to allow young people to make a case against the insidious violence of our nation and the nation they are scheduled to inherit.

Enough is enough. They've had enough and they are rallying communities to counter the barbaric, pernicious omnipotence of gun violence in our society.

I simply went to observe and listen. I wanted to hear what the young people had to say and, later on when I returned from the march, I turned on the television to learn that our sizeable, yet moderate demonstration, was one of many in the save and 1,000s across the country. The attendance speaks louder than anything I can write.

Late that evening, I had the pleasure, too, to partake in a surprise birthday party for Dr. Kris Sealy, arranged by her husband, a stellar teacher from Westhill High School in Stamford, Connecticut. She was totally surprised and it was a true pleasure to be in her company to celebrate her 40th birthday party.

She was at the march with me all day and I had to keep my mouth shut so I wouldn't give away the surprise. "I guess it will be a night of grading," Beth Boquet and I said as we departed. "Took the morning off and now it is time to think about our work once again."

Hee Hee. Pulled the wool (or Wooley) over the eyes rather successfully.

I think I will be processing March 23, 2018 for some time as the individuals who showed up in Shelton, like those who showed up nation wide, are done with the ridiculousness of where we are in the 21st century in terms of violent acts in our community, often advocated by political parties representing us on a national level.

What I heard is a total revolution. The young people of tomorrow will not tolerate the indifference and apathy of adult communities. They want to make America the democracy it has always claimed to be, challenging the rhetoric of the last few decades.

I guess only history will reveal what comes next. One thing is for sure...in my 46 years of life, I've never seen causes that have united more people. These young people are speaking truth to power and they've had it. I can only comprehend in my middle age state that they are admirable, honest, and deserving of our attention.

Shame on all adults, including me, who have allowed it to get this far.

Change needs to occur. What we allow to happen in this country is inexcusable. Today, I'm beginning to think about what steps I can take to make the U.S.A. the nation it has always promised itself to be.

There's much work to be done.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete