Thursday, March 15, 2018

I Will Calculate the Miles Later, But in the Meantime I'm Having a Manhattan in DC

Well, the snow melted, my colleague at UConn had a sudden emergency, and I found myself driving from CT to DC after heading to my office for the printer. Long story short, today I will be visited with several legislators to discuss literacy, support for teachers, and youth activism. I'm in Washington, and besides a couple mishaps with Google directions, I made really good time. I will never understand why they would misdirect form the chosen path to simply say, "Rerouting. Miscalculating. Redirected," once they gave you the wrong directions.

Either way, I made it. I love DC and I love having the opportunity to meet with CT leaders who are representing our state at the national level, even with the trickery of being a minority in this current administration.

As I pulled into the hotel, I immediately ran into Jennifer Dail who invited me to dinner in Georgetown. We finally got that drink we've been promising one another for months now! We had so much fun (I got a birthday cake, and she got a bloody nose). When we returned, I ran into the other CT people and we problem solved what we will do tomorrow when we head out to the buildings.

In the meantime, I had a great pour at the hotel bar - a wonderful Manhattan, and I realized it is the perfect nightcap before bed. I'm out, as we have a long day ahead of us. This will be a long few days ahead, so sleep is a must.

I actually loved the drive from CT to DC. I'm not a fan of the tolls, but I enjoyed doing something new. DC traffic is something else, but I knew that before I headed out my door.

Here's to today.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete