Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Longer Light Means Longer Days To Accomplish More of the Daily Grind

Wake up at 6, drink coffee, and get the day started. Write. Think. Write. Think. Write.

Then by 9 a.m. I know I can get a run in before showering, avoiding traffic, and heading to the office. The sun was out and the sky was blue, so I put on shorts. I went outside and said, "Nope." Ran back upstairs and dressed in winter attire. It was beautiful, but it was cold.

By 11 a.m., I was out in schools and by 1 p.m. I was in my office plotting and planning for a crazy Tuesday and Wednesday, including foresight for a presentation that will take place in 3 weeks. I needed to get on that.

By 5 p.m. I was home again and ready to walk the dog (photo left). It was still cold, but the daylight until 8 p.m. makes it easier to get everything done, including a walk and a run during the day.

While walking, however, Glamis and I ran into our neighbor who was walking one of Glamis's best friends. Her dog was diagnosed with cancer on his liver and, sadly, it has grown and the vet told her she might have to make a hard decision soon. That was hard news to hear, and she wasn't feeling so great about having to make the decision. "I will know when it is time. I just don't want him to suffer."

Why would any of us want another to suffer? I ask this of myself daily as I go in and out of schools. Unfortunately, our learning environments are not all equal. In some, suffering is a daily experience, but it is all they really know. The grind is 24/7 challenge and those teachers get used to it: limited resources, a lack of support, difficult family backgrounds, the PTSD of kids, and a lack of time.

Still, they have life. We have life. While it's here, we have to take advantage of it and make the most of it. One of my favorite students of yesteryear posted a good ol' Peanuts cartoon and I have been thinking about it all day. It sort of sums up my thinking for a Monday.

This is what seasons are for. Spring is almost here and rebirth is always in the air. Still, the winter months (and Fall) remind us that everything ebbs and flows. The carefreeness of summer is short-lived. Life has its harder days, too.

I guess it's always best to keep this in perspective. Some day, we will all die, Snoopy...True, but on all the other days we will not.

It's all the perspective and trying to stay centered on what morrow can be slurped while we have it.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete