Sunday, May 27, 2018

Summer Must Be Here, Because Throwing It Back To Denmark & Magnums Tempts Me

It's much to easy to pick up a box of Magnum Bars at BJs to have on hand for hot summer nights, which reminds me of the daily treat from all the years of teaching in Denmark, when Tiana and I would find out way to the local store to get a bar.

No, they're not quite as good as the Copenhagen/Roskilde European ice-cream treats, but they definitely come close, especially on American soil (when it's a Memorial Day weekend).

The pollen has me coughing, choking and drinking lots of fluid, but the Magnum bars have me nostalgic for Brown School days where one of these a day put a smile on my face. Seniors would graduate, and then a couple weeks later we would take students to our friends at the Lile Skole where these delights were first introduced.

But the allergies in Connecticut right now. It doesn't help that I spent most of the day out in the lawn in this high heat, humidity, and then got both a long run and a walk in. I haven't sneezed this much in a very long time.

It's not the Ohio Valley, thank God. That climate used to brutalize me, but it is toxic out there with all the green and yellow dust. I don't know how bees do it. I have these giant bumps on my tongue making it difficult to swallow, too. This is the price we pay for jumping from winter right into summer. The greenery simply exploded all at once and we with allergies suffer.

Well, we suffer, until we have temporary satiation from a Magnum Bar. If you've every had one, I'm sure you'll be craving one after reading this post. Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment