Monday, June 25, 2018

And We're Off! @Cwpfairfield! Sports Writing & Little Lab For Big Imaginations

The kids finished school last Friday and this Monday, we're back with our first two Young Adult Literacy Labs - 30 young people coming to Fairfield University to think like sportscasters, biographers, sports journalists, interviewers, as well as poets, storytellers, and comic illustrators. Last week, the books arrived, the writers' notebooks were set in place, and the room was organized.

Last night, Ali and Abu arrived (Alli ali alli Allah, Alli Al Abu), Mr. King and Justin came over, and we planned for the week ahead with athletics, ideas, team building and sports trivia. I am already realizing that feeding so many this summer is going to require me to remortgage my house.

Meanwhile, Mindy, Jessica and Stefania have created a phenomenal week for our littlest writers - the first week of three this summer as the numbers keep increasing.

Always thankful to my buddy and inspiration, Kwame Alexander, for providing the backdrop for some of the work this summer. No one crafts a poetic story like him, especially that appeals to all the readers and writers we work with. Rebound  has quickly become a crowd favorite and The Playbook is a great way to get kids listing and thinking (we're going to create our own Playbooks for Sports Writing this week).

Holding my breath.

Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on the net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR.IFADE of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left me and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instructions given to me. I am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and I pray God almighty gives you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationships and marital problems like mine. For help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below.

     
    Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com 
     
    WhatsApp Number: +2349060120490 OR +1(551) 333-5249.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete