Friday, July 27, 2018

A Poem Inspired by a Jack Powers Workshop @CWPFairfield - I Love Learning from a Connecticut Friend

I have benefited from attending workshops by Jack Power, a teacher and poet from Joel Barlow High School in Redding, Connecticut, ever since I arrived to my work with the Connecticut Writing Project. Yesterday, he worked with our teachers and students once again and I began drafting a poem based, I'm guessing, on an event when I was ten year's old.

I forgot I sketched this in my notebook, but when it came time to post this morning, I thought, "Maybe I should share the draft." It's something I may want to look at again in the near future.

It is a poem replicating the style of Robert Gibb's Homestead Park.

Amazing how a prompt can trigger a moment in time and then so many words can find their way to page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment