Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Bringing Spiderwort Into Mt. Pleasant - A Blast From the Past

My sisters might laugh at this, because here is a replica of the only indoor plants I can remember from Amalfi Drive. This spiderwort used to hang on the stair case and I took a clipping when I first moved off campus at Binghamton University. It came with me to Louisville and for several years, including Indiana, I was able to keep the green and purple foliage alive. I called her Yentil, but sometime in Clarksville, I finally managed to kill the plant.

Yesterday, at Big Y, when I was getting material to build a Dagwood sandwich, I found a pot of Spiderwort on Clearance for a couple of bucks. Knowing my frugality in purchasing anything, I said, "You have to give this a chance, Crandall. Resurrect and rebirth Yentil from your 80s childhood.

So, that's what I did. After a day of editing, planning, picking up sidewalk furniture for a friend, and doing National Zoom sessions, I tended to my Tradescantia Pallida and began hoping for the best. Several of the plants I brought outdoors this summer have taken a beating from the intense heat, and I'm not the best at using a hose - preferring the natural rains to decide the fate of my plants. Indoors, it's a different story, and I'm recalling Grandma Vera's plant life in Sherburne, New York, which used to bore me, but now I'm somewhat fascinated by the "life" it can bring to wintering months.

Shoot. Did I say wintering? It's going to be a heatwave this week.

We shall see how I do with Yentil, II. I've always loved the watermelon-esque two-sided coloring and we shall see how I do. Every time I look at her I will smile remember playing Super Mario Bros with my little sitter and drinking Capris Suns as she squashed mushrooms. That's when my mom's plants were at their best.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete