Monday, August 20, 2018

Deadpool Wasn't In the Infinity Wars, But Didn't That Dude With Time Travel Culminate the 2nd Movie?

My brother-in-law will laugh at my speculation, especially since I'm like a 2 out of 10 when it comes to Marvel comics. I watch them, I'm entertained, I love the storylines, but I'm far from the geekdom that makes the kingdom of comic book fanatics.

That is why when I finally watched Infinity Wars last night and was dumfounded by the ending with 50% of the universe disappearing that I wanted to know more about how Marvel (and its franchise) was going to get itself out of the armageddon sequence.

There are many theories online (I read them, because I'm a semi-geek and I wanted to know what the symbol was for the call made at the end of the credits). There's a woman coming - I get that, and she's somehow connected to Iron Man, I believe, and a storyline from somewhere between 2008 and now.

Even so, I am thinking Deadpool. I don't remember the dude from the future who comes to rewrite history, but I do remember he has the ability to time travel. I was thinking that Deadpool has a long life of going backwards and forwards in history to keep his franchise going.

Could he have something to do with the Marvel debacle that resulted at the end of Infinity Wars? Might Deadpool join Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman, Hulk, and the aftermath of Wakanda to make sense of the crazy ending of Thanos finally enjoying his sunset? Could that time travel and rewriting of history have something to do with it.

I know Mike is laughing. He will find loopholes in my theory and say something like, "Go back to your books."

I am the man, after all, who though Harry Potter should die and Dumbledore should be resurrected.

It was a great movie and I'm duped. I didn't see the storyline coming although Ali (who also hasn't seen the film) ruined every scene by telling me what he had heard. My revenge is he'll eventually see the flick.

All I know is that I'm hooked. I love story and I want to see if the universe will right itself (a great metaphor for the 21st century location of Earth right now).

Groot! Groot! Bring back my Groot! We need my ent-like hero to save the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment