Thursday, August 2, 2018

I'm Done. Actually, I Have Two More Days. The Carnage Activity - Well, It Resonated

To end the exercises yesterday, Michale Lomonico of the Folger's Shakespeare Library presented an exercise he called carnage. Basically, he gave everyone in the room a line from Shakespeare that is spoken upon the death scenes. He gave me the last one, so I was able to be the most dramatic, exiting the room with the most heightened theatrics I could muster.

It wasn't pretend. I am literally at the end of my summer's rope and trying to find one more (actually two more) days of energy so I can end with the youth and find hutzpah for a new institute for teachers that begins next week.

I got into my final scene for the day and created an exit/death where I hung on doors and windows to depart (actually cutting my wrist and able to streak real blood - what can I say? I have a flare for the dramatic).

Actually, it was a fascinating end to a fortunate couple of days of learning from a Shakespearean teaching expert.

Ah, but he needed to catch a ferry and I needed to drop two kids off here, pick up this kid here, deliver a package there, write a final goodbye over there, and send a few recommendations

I guess I cooked, too .

I can't complain, but I do know I am looking forward to weekend sleep. It can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment