Thursday, September 6, 2018

When The Aquarians Have Fear. It's Occasional, But It Can Happen, Especially in Water

Roughly 71% of the this giant blue marble is water. I'm an Aquarian and, as a CNYorker and lover of lakes and oceans, water has been central to my being. While in Kentucky, I used to search and search for places so I could be closer to water, choosing Clarksville, Indiana, so I could at least see the Ohio River every day. It settled me temporary, but it was never enough.

Flashback. I rarely tell this story and am unsure I ever wrote it.

While in the bluegrass and working at the Louisville Nature Center, we often took older kids on a daylong trip to near-Frankfort to canoe Eichorn Creek (I think that is what it was called). I did this for years, but on one occasion, I took on the littlest camper because the water was heavy and rough and I wanted to be sure someone would have control of the boat. We were good. It was beautiful, but then we came to a choppy area and the boat sped up. Suddenly, the canoe turned over and both this kid and I were under water with the canoe pushing us up against the roots of a tree. My instinct kicked in and I quickly moved to grab the kid and move him above water. He climbed up the tree.

I, however, had a backpack in my canoe and it went underwater, too. It wrapped around my neck and also around an underground root. I couldn't get out. I was choking and could see the light above the water. I was never so scared in my life, but I was able to rip it off and kick my way to the surface. The water was shallow, but it was moving fast and under the water with a canoe banging against your body, it is scary.

I was the adult, and I didn't enjoy that. I was thankful it all turned out for the best.

Yesterday, I promised Akbar I would take him to the Sound to kayak. It was high tide and I said, "We only have 20 minutes, but I will wait for you on shore." He, however, decided to keep going out into the water after 20 minutes. I was waving a towel at him from the shore trying to get him to return. He kept going, and going, and going. It kept getting darker, and darker, and darker.

I wanted to kill him. He went out so far I could no longer see him and I knew I couldn't swim to him.

I ran along the shore line until I entered the boardwalk. I kept walking and pacing the boardwalk for him to return: 30 minutes, 40 minutes and hour. Then I saw him again.

While I paced, I kept thinking how I was going to have to explain to everyone how I lost this kid because he was too young to know how foolish he was. The normal mind would keep an eye on the shore and understand that it was a short trip. A youthful mind forgets all sense of reason and time.

I'm just glad he returned okay, even though it was along the shore line around a mile from where he started. Wanted to kill him. Hoping it will be a moment for him to realize his mortality.

And with that, I'm beginning Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete