Friday, October 19, 2018

Oh, @S_StoryFest, Be Proud - The Story Will Be Told on #NDOW #WhyIWrite This Saturday. Thanks, @WritingProject!

Two scenes from yesterday.

The first was the authentic and heartfelt smiles of two incredible educators in southern Connecticut: Kim Palca Herzog and Rebecca Marsick of Westport Public Schools, who led the charges (after writing a grant) to make Saugatuck Story Fest a reality. I sent them a box of wind-up toys to thank them for all the JOY they brought to teachers, young people, and so many more this past weekend, as they pulled off an incredible literary festival with brilliant minds like Jason Reynolds, Nic Stone, Libba Bray, Ashley Woodfolk, Ibi Zoboi, Gayle Forman and so many more. I tired my hardest to think how I could return the favor of what they provided our literacy community.

Yesterday was a celebration of them, but first I had to help run a faculty meeting in my department and prep for a presentation in Stamford for the National Day on Writing. Their texts brought me ultimate pleasure as I saw them entertaining their students with the little gifts. That means everything.

The second is I followed with an afternoon recording of National Writing Project radio, where Westport Library, Staples High School, Bridgeport Public Schools and CWP-Fairfield were represented. The show will air this Saturday during the National Day on Writing, which is awesome - we, by this I mean the collective Ubuntu that resulted from their vision, brought over 80 writers to southern Connecticut to work with our community with the partnership and collaboration of over 50 organizations. Wow.

Some of the young people and partners are pictured here (the heart), but I don't have Cody and Alex from Westport Libraries, or the other youth who were part of the collaboration.

I loved the stories that were shared in the recording (all of these individuals) and the authenticity of their voices (ah, but there are so many more). There was so much excitement in what all had to say and I hope this comes forward in the production.

I am very thankful to Tanya Baker for allowing us on her show, and I can't wait to hear how it comes out this weekend! Woot Woot for all who are involved. I am, because we are.

But guess what, world? I am FRIED. And with that, I'm out. I am entering this weekend as one of those wind-up toys, needing to be twisted up to keep going, but thrilled to have had an hour upon the stage.

Here's to them and their vision. Wusah!

2 comments:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete