Thursday, November 8, 2018

The @TheEllenShow School Proposal - That Was A First...Learning For Joy, Optimism & Hope

I knew today's course was going to be interesting, especially when I had my undergraduates design their own schools. They had to work in small groups, come to compromise, find a name, and lay out the curriculum and belief systems.

As I wandered around wondering what the students would discuss, I came across three who were wrestling with the mission of the school: one where kids wanted to be there, to feel special, to appreciate diversity and creativity, and to have pep in their every day step. I asked them to think about a word or inspiration that their school could be named after.

30 minutes later I came back to them and they had the name: The Degeneres School - a location for individualized learning, a love for youth, and an appreciation for happiness. They chose to name their school after Ellen Degeneres!

I immediately thought about playing music between classes and how the requirement could be that students have to dance their way from class to class.

There were numerous creations for an ideal school but this one caught my attention. I don't get the fortune of watching the Ellen Show often, but when I do, it is always fun, informative, happy, and 100% American. I always love it. She brings laughter and happiness to a sometimes dark, and misery-driven world (and for that I am appreciative).

So, if ever given the opportunity, I'd totally be willing to collaborate with anyone on creating a Degeneres School. Trust me, research shows that it is really needed - now more than ever. I know exactly the mission I'd build, sparked from these wonderful undergraduates and perhaps one day I'll find a way to make it happen.

Super-diversity - a choice of LOVE over hate - creativity - humor - and hard work. That is a mission to emulate everywhere.

And how awesome would it be to have an Ellen Dengeneres-like teacher in every classroom! Now I'm really dreaming!

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete