Monday, January 8, 2018

I Guess I'm Going Through The Change. No, Really, I'm Go Through The Change

A year ago, I bundled up all the quarters lying around the house and sent them off to Chitunga for his first year at LeMoyne. 365 days later, I found myself fixated on rolling up coins from varying jars and bowls around the house once again. It is mindless work - a distraction, but an obsession, that usually pays off. In this case, I rolled over $120 in change. It has been deposited.

I must admit, however, that rolling change takes more time that I should have spent on it. As I counted and poked my fingers into tiny wraps to hold the money, I started thinking, "This loose change business is a bit antiquated. Feels sort of Medieval if you ask me. There aren't telephones or arcade games like their used to be, so it is rather silly to have such coins." I guess there's a reason for it, but it seems it would make more sense just to keep things rounded up or rounded down. Of course, there is a thrill of seeing how much can be accumulated from the car, the laundry room, the coat pockets, and the desk drawers. It adds up quickly and the saying, "Every penny counts," is rather accurate.

I'm sure many would say why not just dump it in a Coin Star machine. Well, I'm cheap. I don't want to pay the fee to have a machine count the money for me. Actually, I had memories of counting my father's loose change from his peanut can on his dresser. I always hoped there'd be lots of quarters I could roll up so he might give me a few.

I know a new semester is about to begin because I find distractions, like counting coins, and I actually spent too much time trying to finish this year's puzzle. The syllabi are almost done, the Martin Luther King essays have been scored, I've completed a series of recommendations, and I graded projects that were incomplete due from last semester (family emergencies). Laundry is done, chili was made, cleaning supplies were bought, I ran at the gym while the Bills lost to Jacksonville, and I wrestled a bit with Glamis (she's cooped up and more ready for this white crap to go than I am).

Okay, it's Monday and the agenda is full all day. I'd better shower and hit the road. Happy work week. Make the best of it.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete