Monday, February 19, 2018

Finally Put the Project Citizen Soundtrack to Images From Last Summer

In preparation for Oklahoma this week (and as a back-up plan towards the end of my presentation if I get a read that people are like, "Crandall, Shut up already," I finally sifted though images of Project Citizen and added them to the soundtrack created by Luca Connor, Lambert Wangu and Dave Wooley (with special guest, Akbaru Niyonkuru, poet).

The purpose of the video is to emphasize what is possible when promoting community and togetherness in writing activity systems and this is a phenomenal example: kids from all over Connecticut, from S. Dakota Lakota nation, and recent arrivals to Ubuntu Academy found space over the two weeks to collaborate on their own writing project to be on display during the culminating prom (for parents, friends, politicians, and family).

At the time, they only played the audio but I knew in the back of my mind that I wanted to pull in photographs from the summer. Wola! Got them! Captured the books, the artwork, the happiness, the work with teachers, the planning, the diversity, and the theme.

We will be getting ready for another round this summer and already have numerous ideas up our sleeve. I just with we all had more time together to savor all the work that actually came out of the project  I guess that is my job as a researcher; I need to sift through this data and begin to tell its story.

I am, because we are. United we stand; divided we fall. Ubuntu.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete