Wednesday, May 23, 2018

As a FAN of a Goognight's Sleep, I Admit I Have My Eccentricities

Monday night, I had a bit of a p.m. emergency and tragedy. My sleeping fan died and it no longer spun. I'm a fan of air blowing on me as I sleep, but I also like the hum the motor makes. I'm not sure when the addiction occurred, but I've slept with a fan well over 25 years. I went into a bit of a panic, put on my ceiling fan, but that hangs from a very high ceiling and makes all sorts of strange noises. Lying underneath it, I was sure it was going to fall on me in the night and not only wake me up, but cut me in half.

So, with Michael in Philly, I thought, his room has the best ceiling fan in the house, so I packed my pillows and moved down the hall.

It worked. I slept.

Yesterday, I went on a shopping hunt to replace the fan. Lucky for me Ocean State Job Lot had exactly the right one. It looks like the cartoon above, but stands much higher on a pole with a foundation.

Phew.

For years, the only nights I've slept without a fan have been in hotel rooms (where I crank the air-condition so I'm cold and there's noise) or at my old bedroom at my parents, where I simply endure the lack of the humming. It takes me forever to fall asleep there, but I eventually do it.

Research shows I'm not the only one with this fetish. I love to be cold while sleeping and almost 365 days a year I have my windows open (only to close them when it's too cold or super humid.

Fresh air and breezes matter and I'm glad I was able to quickly fix what could have been a more enduring tragedy.

Rest easy. That's my goal.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete