Thursday, May 24, 2018

Kermit Has a Chipper Now, Ready For Summer Water Sports After a Few Crazy Deals

For a few summers, I've thought to myself, I'd really like to have a kayak to take to the beach and to have on hand for summer adventures. I've been pricing them for years and around Mother's Day, Ocean State Job Lot had a deal where if you spent $100, you got a $30 gift card. Knowing I eventually wanted I kayak, I bough $300 in gift cards so I'd have $390 to spend.

A few weeks passed, and Ocean State Job Lot had a new deal: if you bought a kayak at full price, they'd give you a paddle and a mount for the car, plus give a $150 gift card. I thought, "Hmmm, I can pay for the kayak with my gift cards, then get even more gift cards afterwards."

The trouble was that the original gift cards were not all activated. For the last couple of days I've been working with management and customer service to solve the problem. It turns out that not all the gift cards were properly recorded and I'm thankful I saved receipts. Yesterday, I was able to get the kayak, plus they had a deal where the purchase of a lifejacket also provided another $20 gift card. That resulted in $360 in gift cards. In short, I have a kayak, a paddle, a lifejacket, and now many gift cards to spend.

I feel like I got a great deal through the hassle. The kayak and accessories ended up costing a lot less because of this....like $300 less. It was a confusing occasion, but I now have a green kayak, Chipper (named after Kermit the Frog's nephew) that will ride nicely atop my hybrid CrossTrek (also green and named Kermit).

Perfect.

Now I have to think about what I want to purchase with all my other gift cards. Ocean State Job Lot calls these Crazy Deals, and although I went crazy trying to actually get the kayak, I believe I won tremendously. Of course, I couldn't figure out the car-mount directions, so I just stuck Chipper in Kermit and drove it to Pam's beach condo to store.

This way, Chitunga, Abu, and Ali will have a summer boat at the beach. Confusing post, I know, but anyone who knows me knows I'm always looking for the best deal.

I definitely got one. I need Chitunga to do the math for me!

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete