Monday, June 4, 2018

A Home Away From Home Away From Home...At the Coz's (Glamis Approves)

Glamis the wonder dog lives a rough life, especially when we travel to see relatives in Syracuse and Long Island. She gets all dramatic about the travel, but upon arrival she simply jumps into the local scene (as she did yesterday when Mark an Nezi came back from a tennis lesson and decided to lay on the lawn). It was a matter of seconds before the cousin dogs attacked them and went spread eagle themselves).

The temperatures dropped and I felt like it was October in Connecticut or summer in Denmark. Great running weather, and I got a lot of reading done outside, but it was definitely chilly, especially by the ocean.

We have a lot accomplished, however, for the year ahead, especially the screening of Hoops Africa: Ubuntu Matters in the fall at Fairfield University.

Today's weather is looking cold and nasty, so we're likely to cut out stay a day short - as Tunga said, "We can go home and clean the house." (cough cough) Okay.

Also got a great dinner in with the 'tives when they made ribs, mac-n-cheese and I brought grilled broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus.

Crazy how when one gets older these occasions go by way too quickly. It seemed like we arrived, blinked, and it was time to go.

So, we'll head back to accomplish CT tasks this week (me at Fairfield and Chitunga in Stamford) and then we'll find time for a few days in Syracuse (so I can see family there, and he can finish his internship in Liverpool -- and return books).

I'm amazed by how close I live to Amagansett from Stratford, but how tricky it is to get there. We are like 45 miles away (but there's that Long Island Sound that gets in the way). I do know, though, that when we visit, I can find time to relax as much as I know how.

But Mark's girls need to stop getting older. Of course, Cynde and Casey's kids need to chill out, too.
They're all making me feel really old.

And yesterday was the official Father and Son's Day for Chitunga and I  - the anniversary of the official adoption. Wonderful to spend every second of the day with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment