Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Running With My Nephew In Mind & Teaching With a Regiment for Writing - Hello, Tuesday

Rise and Shine...that was my Monday.
A fun day, my productive way
into another week,
as hours move ahead and sneak 
into the pitter patter of a life...

Yesterday, I awoke early, got caffeinated,
then ran 6 miles wearing the t-shirt sent to me from Missouri in honor of my nephew's regiment from basic training. I love this shirt and am using it for motivation.

I was blue-footed in my Sauconys as I pushed mile upon mile where I channeled him and those who choose a life of service. In my head, I created chants I imagined him singing and upon mile 3, when I came across a Vietnam Vet walking with a cane (he had a stroke and his physical therapist required him to walk - talking to everyone is a trait I inherited from my father), I saluted him with respect and said, "you are the inspiration for today's perspiration, sir."

I returned to shower and to kick-start a rather frantic week of teaching, presentations, planning, and organizing. Lucky for me, the pep in my professional step came from the purchase of a few ties with matching handkerchiefs from Burlington ($3.50 a piece). Today, I wore the pink ensemble with respect for women who have had to deal with the imbecilic nature of men since recorded history.

Running to write
Writing to run
Heading into the week
Trying to beat the gun.
Left foot. Right foot. Left foot. Right.
Channeling my nephew. Channeling the fight.
Left hand. Right hand. Left hand. Write!
Channeling best practices. Channeling that might.
Mile one. Mile two. Mile three and four...
Sitting at the keyboard, thinking a little more.
Pink tie. Hair cut. Tie clip from the son.
Keep sprinting, Crandall. Get the work done.
For teachers. For kids. For the benefit of tomorrow.
Remembering the laughter. Channeling the sorrow.
Running to write
Writing to Run.
This is why I write today and why I'm having so much fun.
I'm sure others I'm crazy, 
singing rhymes as I move, 
but this is how it goes sometimes, 
working my Crandall-Frog groove.

It's another 14-hour Tuesday, followed by a Wednesday just as long. We got this! Send good thoughts to the Great Whatever that this too shall pass.




No comments:

Post a Comment