Sunday, September 30, 2018

Thank The Great Whatever For Weekends For The Opportunity to Catch-Up and Unwind

The weekend is always the greatest location to organize, think, read, plan, and grade, so this one is all dedicated for YA Lit week, when I bring adolescent novels into my courses. With knowledge that Jason Reynolds is coming to Saugatuck Story Fest, I'm teaching Ghost in a course in philosophy, pairing the text with Freire, Nicholson, Rizga and Dewy (not to mention service learning with middle school students at Columbus). With my undergraduate courses, I'm teaching Long Way Down to a content literacy course that has been pair with Beers and Probst, Smagorinsky, and Lent.
We've also been collaborating with #UNLOAD: Guns in the Hands of Artists.  I'm hoping all my students are excited to join us as so many phenomenal writers come our way! I'm feeling fortunate indeed.

Around 5, after Syracuse lost a disappointing game to Clemson, I began cooking with the declaration, this is likely to be the last barbecue of the summer. The temperatures were perfect for it, and it cooled down enough at night to build a fire in the Chitunga-father's-day-pit. We sort of ran out of wood, so we began improvising with items I could find in the garage.

Such fire is simply mind-numbing and mesmerizing. It was nice to lose a night staring at the light and watching all the dogs run around looking for things to sniff.

Today is a horn's down day, where I will ram forward with my two-do list so that I stay on top of HOOPS AFRICA: UBUNTU MATTERS and the glory of everything Saugatuck. I know weekends like this, with clear skies, warm days, and cool nights, will not last for long. It's football season, after all, and I"m already pulling out my hoodies (in which tonight, it smells like a bonfire).

Okay, Sunday, we got this. Let's get it done. 

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete