Saturday, September 29, 2018

Well, Bambi. I Ran Into Your Uncles Yesterday As An Ending to My Week

Oh, to be young, with new antlers and ready for the young life.

I'm glad I'm old, am not dazzled by my antlers, and simply can appreciate the beauty of discovery, when two bucks feeding on grass look up to say hello to my lime-green car.

That was my Friday evening before getting a good beer with good company and a great sandwich. I'm two-for-two with accomplishments in my little office on campus and am really proud of myself setting up vendor forms, arranging POs to pay these vendors, and working through grants that should have been paid off in June.

A wise man once said, "If you want anything to get done, you have to do it yourself."

I spend the last two days doing it myself.
Of course, now I have to wait the other offices that be to do their part and to make sure that the teachers, the organizations, the partners, and the companies are given their due funding, as contracted with them early last summer.

These are the strifes of working in a system, with its own bureaucracies, and the change of a new accounting system. For individuals like me, who live off of lists, dates, organization, and the clock, I get somewhat batty by the craziness of other offices, especially as they learn a new system, and (because they have the right that I rarely take advantage of) leave for extended periods of time.

Ah, Flower and Thumper, I'm being quite the grumpier. To be honest, I'm simply happy to complete (well, I think I have) all the items that need to be completed so that the work can go on. Is it my job? I'm not sure. Do I have permissions? We shall see. All I know is that in a position like mine, that works with multiple schools and organizations, trying to keep good faith and community liaisons, I did my best. I am hoping checks will be cut, programs will continue, and my good friend on my campus, a grant officer, will be proud of what I was able to accomplish on my own.

Here's to the weekend. I'm going to find a tree and sharpen these old antlers just to remind myself of the hope and optimism of the youngest critters in the forest. Oh, the behinds the scenes truths have me feeling tremendous empathy for Oz.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete