Friday, September 28, 2018

Two Weeks Two Weeks Two Weeks Two Weeks Two Weeks! Ubuntu Matters! Saugatuck! Two Weeks!

Due to incredible flooding on Tuesday, the Saugatuck youth council meeting had to be rescheduled for last night, so roles could be assigned, responsibilities outlined, and activities shared.

That authors are coming! The authors are coming! The authors are coming!

Want to know who they are? The authors are coming! (click the link).

I'm not sure who I'm most excited about because I'm still mesmerized that I will be meeting and working with so many of them over the weekend of October 12-14. Actually, I'm beginning to bite my nails because I also realize I have to be on my A game when I am around them. I'm just as excited as the kids and bottling up the energy is a little tricky, especially when I have a professional life (facade?) to uphold.

The day was spent in my office still working on my July to-do lists: getting vendors paid, charging grants for this or that expense, editing for POW! Making more arrangements for Ubuntu Matters and totally avoiding news channels (I'm a male, I grew up with males, I attended parties in high school and college and then one day I pretty much realized those were sick places to be, especially with the bravado. Then I became a teacher...I've had friends accused, I've had friends abused, and I know, always, it's simply ugly. Adding politics makes it even worse. My stomach just churns).

I'm concentrating on the goodness of the world - the purity of hope and creativity, hard work and academics. I'm thinking about the wonderful teachers and young people who stand behind the work from the last year with a grandiose attempt to make the community better, more engaged, more thorough with their stories. There hard work will pay off in...

two weeks. two weeks. two weeks.

Phew.

Okay, Friday. Here is your day to get more organized, to file wisdom for the events to come, to grade, to respond to emails, to prepare for the weekend and next week and to try to avoid the news.

And I will walk my dog. I will run. And if I'm really good to Mt. Pleasant, I might even clean.

14 days. 2 weeks. 14 days. two weeks. 14 days. Wow.


1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete