Saturday, March 31, 2018

Stay Strong @JCPSKY @KentuckyWP @LouisvilleWP. The Nation Sees You. #TeacherStrong


Disclaimer: (1) I can't help but be rhythmic with a Seussian Prose (as every student I taught it KY already knows). (2) I once did the math for how much I made an hour while teaching in the state. I figured it was below minimum wage, but after factoring nights, weekends, after school obligations, holiday hours, and summer work, I learned I was mistaken. I made about $6.35 an hour...at the time, it was above minimum wage. (3) Teaching is a beautiful profession, but too few respect it as such. (4) We don't ask for much, but when they duct tape our mouths, tie our hands behind our backs, cut us at the knees, and expect us to swim across the Ohio River in record time, then there's a reason to fight. (5) I'm shaking my head. This is not the America I believe in. Every vote matters.

On Reading Yesterday's Paper About KY Legislation
I write this for the Blue Grass,
for the White Boards, notebooks, & teaching pizazz
     that sparkles across classrooms in the state….
            Put simply, Kentucky teachers have always been great.
Yet the political, nefarious fate brought forth
by the political ingrates
is what I have come to hate
(how do they not understand why the counties are so irate?).
                  Ah, because they haven’t a clue
                  of what educators do
                  each and every day.
So, I write proudly, hooray,
for those choosing to fight the inane.

Let me explain.

They hug, they listen, they plan, and they feed,
choosing a life for others, most they care for in need.
They study, they lose sleep, they collaborate & expand,
they’re always on duty AND always in demand.
They read, they make phone calls, they coach and they cheer,
they challenge, raise standards, question, & make clear.
They worry, they love, they show pride, & celebrate,
Put simply, Kentucky teachers have always been great.

It is a calling, what they do, and they do it with pride –
as for politicians, no surprise, once again they have lied
to the voters, the workers, the young people & families,
they act without conscience and they do as they please…
chasing egos & dollars while cutting teachers at the knees.

For over a decade, Kentucky was my home, 
& I soaked in the brilliance of the stellar palindrome
where students were first, teachers not far behind,
A state known for education & the way it was so kind
to its writers, and readers, mathematicians & scientific minds,
to artists & to dreamers - schools could simply shine.

But now, they have forgotten the men & women who deserve much applause,
the magicians & warriors who chose teaching, a life-calling cause.
They suited up, grew shady, became a well-known Faustian tale,
forgot their population, & lost themselves in the belly of the whale.

So, I write this for the Blue Grass,
for the White Boards, notebooks, & teaching pizazz,
for the exceptional scholars and all their intellectual jazz
for Wildcats, Mustangs, Racers, Big Red, Colonels, & Cards,
for all young people across Kentucky school yards.

Put simply, Kentucky teachers have always been great,
            yet the political, nefarious fate -
                        brought forth by these political ingrates
            is what we all should hate
(how do they not understand
            why the counties are irate?).
                 They haven’t a clue of what educators do
                 each and every day.

For teachers in KY,
I am with you…
although a few states away,
loving what you do for kids.
& celebrating: Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Get thee to the polls! The kids deserve it.






            

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete