Saturday, April 14, 2018

Going Into the Weekend with a Giant "Ugh" - I'm Trying to Get It Done!

And I entered yesterday with ambitious goals. Whereas I only had two face-to-face meetings, I said, "Crandall, you need to get these midterms done."

Why? Well, finals will come in shortly (like 3 weeks). I simply have not had a second to get to them (just like I haven't found a second to do a last read/edit of our summer book from 2017). There's just not enough time in the day.

So, I committed myself to my house on the first REAL spring day where the temperatures were in the mid-70s. Okay, I did run and I did walk the dog, but after my meetings I simply sat on my are, read, and graded. I said, "You must get this far by midnight or else!"

Whoops. It was "or else."

Actually, I was two project behind where I wanted to be. At midnight, I just couldn't read or think about another one. My students are going to kill me. They want these back so they can work on their finals. I simply need a few more hours.

And my award? Well, I can grade all the weekly writing they've submitted since they turned in the midterms a few weeks ago. It never ends (and this has nothing to do with the planning and instruction that is around the corner.

That meme says it all.

On a good note, however, is that I've set these goals because (a) I want to attend a University function this afternoon (although it is all day and I simply can't do that, and (b) I want to celebrate the birthdays of my friends later tonight.

If ever I could use Hermione's time stopper, it would be now.

You chose this career, Crandall. You get what you deserve!

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete