Sunday, April 15, 2018

When You Are Told It's a Disco Party, You Take the Hosts Seriously.

I'm not sure if it is good or bad that I whipped together a sport coat, glasses, and a shirt for a disco party, but it seemed to work. The spring like weather this morning, too, prompted me to shave (slightly). I knew I wanted to keep a 'stache for the outfit. I needed a night without a computer, papers, or books.

And yes, I was out by 9:30 and ready for bed. That's the way it is at 46. I know. I know. That was the time I used to take showers so that I could head out around 11 p.m.

My bed seemed too inviting and I knew I wanted sleep. Disco lights and all couldn't keep this guy awake.

Instead, I was thinking about laundry, planning, dog hairs, bathrooms, and cluttered tables.

Of course, today I'm waking up to colder temperatures and less joy as the blue skies and warmth brought yesterday.

It's all good, though. I got to throw back to my early years of ages birth to seven to get my Soul Train on. It just makes me wonder, will kids of today have early 20-teens parties? If so, what will their cultures be? Who are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment