Sunday, May 6, 2018

Another Derby on Mt. Pleasant: Food, Bets, Cornhole, and Winners (Not Me, Of Course)

The festivities began about four: chickens, vegetables, hot dogs, salad, mac n cheese, potato salad, crackers, cheeses, and $10 bets. We had a  rather large pot and warded 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and last place winner (okay, Ken, Glamis's Vet, you win the grand prize).

Any two-minute race is a great excuse for an evening of fun, even if your horse isn't the one who wins, places, or shows. The screaming is the same nonetheless (and the cleanup is a hell of a lot longer than the two-minute race).

So much crazy.

We debuted lawn games: volleyball, corn hole, and badminton. The dogs had the best time of all.
But in truth it is happy B'Derby Day De Mayo for Pam whose birthday always falls on the Kentucky celebration.

Pam had the 3rd place horse. I have no clue where my horse was. Kris Sealy had horse #2, and Beverly had the last pace horse.

The food was delicious, but the whirlwind is a blur as I cooked, prepped, hosted, cleaned, picked up, played games and entertained. I have no idea what just happened.

I do know, however, that I nailed the mint Juleps and also figured out a recipe for the Cinco de Mayo Julep with tequila and mint (everyone seemed to love those).

One of these years, I will win the grand prize and make back some of the moolah for what it costs to have such a party.

The barbecue cauliflower and broccoli, a total yum. Congratulations to the winners. I'm now in a need of a total day of grading. I have leftovers, so I shouldn't have to cook today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PAM!

Enjoy the dinner with your family.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete