Saturday, May 5, 2018

A Special Evening With My Counselor Educator Friends - They Know How to Celebrate Their Graduates

Every year, as the trees begin to bloom on campus, I'm invited by Drs. Diana Hulse, Tracey Robert, Virginia Kelly, and (now) Stephanie Morrison to attend their end-of-the-year celebration for graduates in their programs. The Counselor Education faculty continue to be tremendous supporters of my work and phenomenal colleagues to work with. It has always been clear that they are individuals with a passion for what they, a love for their students, an expertise in their field, with tremendous standards for themselves, one another, and the individuals who take their classes.

They listen. They coach. The collaborate. They strategize. They feel. They hug. They show empathy. They bring community. And they love.

Last night I attended another evening for them to shout out about each of their graduates and, along with fellow faculty and families, offer them a round of applause. It was a tremendous ceremony with the Provost and University President in attendance, alumni, and tremendous adjunct faculty who collaborate to make the program successful.

What I loved most is hearing the comments from supervisors and school collaborators about all of the students, a genuine touch of sincere individuality and appreciation.

It was great seeing graduate assistants like Jill (who has been a tremendous support to all faculty, including me, during their work in GSEAP) achiever their graduate goals.

It was also great to see Jennifer Johnson, a friend, a mother, a CWP supporter, and a stupendous student also reach her graduate degree goal (after having tremendous success at Discovery Magnet with Ellen Rosoff and at Staples High School where she interned this year). The Johnsons arrived to Fairfield the same year I came (summer of 2011) and we've simply bonded along the journey. Hard for me to believe that Mr. J., the oldest, will be heading to high school next year! Ah, but he is going to my favorite high school in Connecticut (who has a standing-ovation-worthy writing program).

Grades are do in a week, my own department's celebration (hosted by me) will be on Monday, and then comes the Graduation ceremonies.

I'd place toothpicks in my eyelids to keep them open, but I always thought that would really hurt. So, instead, I'm going to try to get a little more sleep and, well, work on my coffee game some more.



1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete