Tuesday, May 22, 2018

End-of-the-Semester Dirt Therapy: Soil, The Outdoors, and Landscaping

The weather was finally cooperative after a week of steady, if not heavy, rains. I took the murkier days to head to Home Depot with my gift cards (I trade in credit card points to get them) and made my purchases which were stored in the garage. Knowing that I was having a pavement company coming in the morning to give me an estimate on redoing my driveway, I took the first couple hours of yesterday simply to get dirty on Mt. Pleasant.

I am hoping the lupine will grow. I never had success with it in Kentucky, but had a few take off when I lived on Eastman in Cicero during my doctorate. So, I spent part of yesterday getting grimy from head to toe to add more color around the house, relocating hostas here and there, and rethinking where my perennials are located.

Of course, now they'll need watering, which is okay because today is supposed to be another washout, and I'm heading tot he office to get pack into summer planning and grant world (plus a couple of advisees).

I managed to walk the dog, notify teachers of their summer invitational acceptance, and even run, which is always great. It added somewhat to the sunburned face I acquired at graduation sitting in the direct sun for back-to-back commencements.

Before I went to bed last night, I had to shut the windows, too, because we're at the period where it is warm during the day and pretty cold in the evening (the best sleeping weather). Of course, doing all the outdoor work translates to the fact that I sludge the dirt inside and now the internal dwelling needs attention.

And I'm sneezing. The pollen, also the color of my car, is everywhere. It's like lime chalk covering windows, walkways and vehicles. Good for the bugs, but not so good for human nasal passages.

The April showers didn't bring May flowers, but the May and June ones are making up for the lost time.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete