Sunday, May 13, 2018

Guest Post from @pamelaMarieKell on Mother's Day - Follow Up From Yesterday's Post

Once again it is a day of celebrating motherhood. I sadly can't be in Syracuse to celebrate Mimi Rip! but my heart is with her and the pizza they will eat later today. I'm hoping, too, that my package arrived. I never trust mail services - when I am not in a rush it gets there in 24 hours...when I plan it out and send it early, it takes a week.
I am wishing my mom a spectacular Mother's Day and hoping that everyone who can be with her gathers to surround her with love. This is a day, every year, that I wished I lived much closer to my childhood home.
In the meantime, my twin sister, separated at birth, and raised by a different mother, wanted to follow up on the Bird story from yesterday and asked if she could write her own post about living in harmony with nature. I said sure, and she sent me an essay to post here (which I totally understand. I'm hoping I can help build the birdhouse for her friends - after all, it would be the best compromise. As a homeowner who has been taken over by nature this year - critters everywhere - I know there has to be alternative solutions.
Happy Mother's Day, too, to Pam, my sisters, and everyone else out there who have nurtured their families with joy, support, and protection. It doesn't go unnoticed (and that's why chocolate and flowers are sent). 
Bye Bye Birdie
Pamela Kelly
Last year I was finally able to move to my little slice of paradise after four years of trying to sell my sister’s house in Stratford and then mine in Monroe.  It felt like forever and there were many prayers that the day would come. I finally arrived.  
And so did the birds. 
I honestly was so happy and grateful to be done with all that house stuff and find a place with no yard work, no shoveling snow, a pool and, best of all, a two -minute walk to the beach. During my first year I coexisted with them – the home is very near state conservation sites.  The birds, swallows, stayed most of the summer above my garage and made themselves known because every time I left my how they dive bombed me and screamed at me when I opened the garage door. Needless to say, I was thrilled to see them go at the end of their nesting season.
Everyone told me you better put up chicken wire or something to keep them from coming back. Once they find a good spot to nest they return.  I didn’t listen and two weeks ago there they were again.  Slinging their mud (I hope it is mud) above the light under the garage eave where they were building another masterpiece home.  
I wasn’t feeling so welcoming this year, however.  I warned them every day I went out.  “I’m going to knock it down!  You better find another place to nest!  There’s loads of trees right next door at Silver Sands!”  
They laughed at me and mocked me with their building skills.  They ignored my warnings and took their chances. Last night, having drinks with Bryan, Leo, Kaitlyn and Bev, I decided it was time to get rid of their construction  After all, I was only asserting my right to eminent domain.  Right?  Leo said, “Let’s do it!” Kaitlyn pleaded with me not to.  “They are God’s creatures! They spent two weeks building that nest, where will they go?”  I honestly don’t care.  I’m not killing the birds or their babies, just asking them to move to another location. Did anyone care when Mary and Joseph got turned away at the Inn and the poor lady had to go give birth to Jesus in a manger?  If a hay cradle is good enough for our Lord and Savior then those birds can go nest in a tree.  
This morning I went out early to walk the dog and I looked up at the painters tape and ribbon we put up to keep them from rebuilding.  On the wall ledge that separates my condo from my neighbor’s, there was one of them.  Glaring at me from above and probably plotting to attack me in some way at some point this summer.  I say we call it even.  They left a nice mess on the ground and the side of my car that will turn to bird poop cement and I’ll have a fun time scrubbing it away.  
Today I will go buy the chicken wire or something like it to wrap around that light.  I don’t want to have to destroy another nest. I’m a big fan of all animals but want the wild ones to keep their distance.  I don’t climb trees and build stuff where they’re supposed to live. Pray for me that I don’t get Tippy Hedrened this summer.  (Alfred Hitchcock-The Birds)  I’ve already asked for forgiveness and hopefully it’s been granted.  I will be wearing headgear when leaving the house until I’m sure those pea brains have forgotten my indiscretion.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete