Monday, May 14, 2018

Heading Into Monday Like....Okay, Grading At The End of the Semester Does Me In

It is the same at the end of a collegiate academic semester as it is for a high school calendar. At the end, everyone schedules more meetings, students demand more attention, administrators come forward with more initiatives, and everyone wants (and deserves) recognition for all the hard work.

Days begin early and end late. But grades are due, too.

The prize is that it will soon end...not that I get summer's off, but at least I don't have to deal with the assessment bugaboo of grading and scoring and offering feedback. CWP-Fairfield's summer work is just as invigorating (if not more), but there's a shared understanding that everyone will achieve and do awesome without the need to measure, justify, explain, and report. We just learn and celebrate it professionally.

Literally, at 7 p.m. last night when I submitted my last grade, my ambitious self with plans of cleaning, putting away laundry, and grocery shopping, ended up yawning. The exhaustion from the entire semester just overtook me and I thought, uh-oh, I won't make it until 8.

I did, however, talking with my mom and then Chitunga. Another wave came over me and I got some energy back.

I think that it's the grading part of teaching that is what exhausts us most. We work all day, but the scoring has to occur during off hours, because it's impossible to get done with there are so many demands during the day. That is why we all love summers so much! At least we get the evenings and weekends off....finally. Yes, most work just as hard, but we don't have to offer so many of our evening ours and Saturdays and Sundays with the assessing monster.

So, I'm crawling into Monday relieved I got it all done another year. I am also in panic for all the work that has had to be put off to complete the end of the semester traditions.

There are big and fun items on the horizon and I can't wait. But, to get these accomplished, I can't be distracted by scoring scoring scoring.

That's my Monday whine. I'm good now.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete