Wednesday, May 2, 2018

With Love of @Ovo876 Who Said @GetNicced Needs to Be On @PBS Great American Reads

I love Tuesday Nights when the incredible Rebecca Marsick and Kim Herzog oversee the @S_StoryFest Youth Council made up of Staples High School and young people from Bridgeport Public Schools. Last night we perused the 100 novels named by PBS for The Great American Read and @Ovo876 said, "Wait, Where is Nic Stone?"

His nomination was that Nic Stone's Dear Martin should be a must read for the greatest books ever written. Those of us who are excited about her visit next October are 100% in agreement. I said to him, "Well, if you think she's deserving, then you should make a video to tweet out." He said, "I don't know how to do that, so I made one with him --- well, cheated using Jib Jab."

In short, WE ARE SO HAPPY NIC STONE IS COMING OUR WAY.

The young people on the youth board were tasked with having to create interesting and innovative ways they can celebrate the writers and writing they love. One of the options was poetry and we couldn't help but get to work:

You want a hook,
grab a book &
open your eyes to
   simply look
at the universe all around you....
  
Nab a novel, pick a poem,
engage your brain and let it roam
(you only have a lifetime in the vast cosmic dome)
    - 84 shades of grey or thrilling games of foam...

We know what you need.
   A great book, a hope, 
      & making time to read.

It was a robust night with the youth board and all of us were thinking about Kim and wondering if a tiny love nugget is on its way. We await the news.

In the mean time, these kids and we teachers are beyond excited to be part of the magic in southern Connecticut. As for me, I am happy that this semester will soon end so I can concentrate on the magic and vision set forth by the leaders behind the StoryFest. Truly awesome.


1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete