Saturday, July 14, 2018

And He Crashes On A Friday Night, Making A Saturday Morning Post Late - Phew

 My temperature is taken by the a'cumul'ation of my early morning posts. With heads in the clouds last night, I simply crashed before I could muster another thought in my head. As a result, this morning the emails and texts arrived to ask, "Is everything okay? Where's the blog? I noticed you didn't post."

Truth is, this has happened before and it will likely to happen again. Although the daily journal is as routine as alarm clocks, toilet flushes, sunrise and sunset, every now and again I get out of whack and collapse.

Last night I collapsed - week two of Connecticut Writing Project summer work where the teachers came, the little labbers drafted their books, and two groups of young novelists designed the cover of their first novels while submitting their chapters.

My Friday means welcoming the parents to the reading proms, ordering the pizza, cleaning up from the week, and organizing for the week to follow. Amidst all of this, too, I received a request to pick up a friend at St. Vincent's Hospital who couldn't be released unless someone signed him out (stomach procedure) - They needed a ride.

The day was a success (although I always take the negative feedback from parents - typically 1 from the 50+ we serve each week - to heart and it bothers me for the rest of the night) and I love hearing the stories parents tell me. One man said, "We always know our son is detecting summer on his way - usually around Easter - when he begins asking, "Have you signed me up for CWP yet?" Others, too, ask if there are additional programs later in the summer. But the one, that 1, always pinches my heart a little bit.

On the way home, I finally made it to the dermatologist to have him check out the latest explosion of psoriasis all over my legs. I love the guy and how he talks about my skin in scientific jargon and updates me on the latest research in the field - in short, "There's nothing that can be done, and although companies like Humira are cashing in on the prevalence of psoriasis in our society, I don't recommend you take over the counter pills. The risks FAR exceed the benefits at this time." So I will do topical creams, sun, and saran wrap. He also recommended tanning (which I don't think is a good idea).

Then I mowed the lawn, did gardening work, ate dinner at 9 p.m., listened to the boys talk, then decided, when they turned on a movie, that I simply needed to crash. And I did.


1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete