Sunday, July 15, 2018

Mr. Uber Driver, Volleyball, And A Day Away From the Laptop (Much Needed)

Belgium beat England by noon, so after I fantastic run and the realization that there was little humidity and beautiful skies, we chose to accept a day of volleyball and splashing at Leo and Bev's pool. I might estimate that we got a solid 5 hours of the game on the side of the yard (with even teams, I must say), as well as a dart tournament, pizza, and dips in the water.

I was designated Uber driver (which is a role I've liked to play ever since my undergraduate years - I can trust myself and be the one designated to stay safe).

The lawn party turned into a bar band turned into a surprise visit to Patrick and Stephanie, which turned into conversations that went too late, which resulted in my inability to post on time - day two. That is okay, though, because you don't get too many gorgeous days like yesterday in July.

Well, at 11 p.m. it started to rain and my car windows were down. Oops.

Today? World Cup final, a birthday party, and many moments of crossing i's and dotting t's - BIG week ahead for CWP-Fairfield programs.

And a special shout out to Glue, Stephanie and Patrick's cat who lives in an apartment with three dogs. I love that cat and am amazed at how social it is, brave, tolerant, and funny. At one point, Patrick said, "Come see Glue." She was sitting in sink with the water on giving herself a bath. "She does that all the time." Hilarious.

Okay, time to to get everyone going for another weekend day.

No comments:

Post a Comment