Sunday, July 1, 2018

Just Thinking On a Sunday Morning: Eagles, Patriotism, Love, and Hope

This Eagle I Saw. I Didn't Have My phone, however.
I ran yesterday. Actually, I'm always running, but it doesn't seem to make a difference: the girth packs on, the psoriasis multiplies, and the aches increase. We spent the day at Walnut Beach, getting our new kayak some play time and trying to enjoy the 4th of July hoopla ahead - we all have flexibility in our schedule.

The bald eagle. Our national bird. Something I've admired and appreciated for a very long time.

Yesterday, after the beach and viewing of a couple of World Cup games, I went for a run on Walnut Beach in Milford, Connecticut, and as I ran, I know I saw a bald eagle. There's reports of them in the area, but I've never seen one for myself. When it was in flight, and I was just starting out on mile one, I saw the white head and thought, "This is definitely an eagle."  I immediately thought of Chitunga, as this is his spirit animal, and then I though of my nephew, Dylan, who will begin the first steps towards basic training tonight. I can't imagine what my sister and brother-in-law are going through, but I love them both, as much as I love my nephew. I am in complete admiration and respect of his decision to serve. Serving was the mission of Chitunga, too, but because of an eye degeneration, they wouldn't allow him to stand up for what he believed in most. The patriotism, however, is still the same. Dylan will be able to fulfill his dream and, as hard as it is for all of us who have never served, I know he is doing something remarkable, admirable, and necessary. Sadly, however, it is at a time when we are all questioning who we are supposed to be globally.

I believe in the Eagle. I believe in my son, like I believe in my nephew and the American mission. Historically, the United States has meant something tremendous - not only on a local front, but on an international front - the land of the free. The blending of super diversity and the exercising of intellectual, spiritual, political, economic, political, and social pastiche. The America I believe in is one where hard work, compassion, a gentle arm for the brother and sister next door, and the love of humanity, in the U.S. and beyond the U.S., is central to the day to day routine. That is the flight I set out to achieve as a teacher, educator and researcher, and what I promote through the actions I hope I take.
  • To be American is to be responsible.
  • To be American is to work hard.
  • To be American is not to have excuses.
  • To be American is to admire and respect diversity, individuality, and intellect.
  • To be American is to believe in the mission of blended communities and a better tomorrow.
  • To be American is to have knowledge of history - that of today, yesterday, and many yesterdays beyond that.
  • To be American is to recognize the fact that we, too, were once a colony.
  • To be American is to take responsibility not only for national protection, but global order.
  • To be American is to invest more in love than in hate. 
  • To be American is to believe in something larger than ourselves - a trust in international social order that transcends everything we currently know.
There is an America I believe in, and when I saw the Eagle yesterday I was reminded of it. Give me your tired, your poor, your hungry.. America is the first nation to mesh together many nations and to try to bring conversation, dialogue and order through dialogue and respect. That is what it looks like, at least, on paper. 

I know it is hard on my sister and brother-in-law today, and I know that much has changed radically in a very short time, and I know that this week is the 4th of July, but I love to believe in hope and I am hoping that we will right the wrongs of today to make this nation....this world....this universe a better place. Maybe I'm naive and optimistic, but I know that we can all be better than this.

2 comments:

  1. URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE! unbelievable. Am sorry for putting this on the net but I have to. I want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to DR.IFADE of all spell casters worldwide for bringing back my wife who left me and the kids for almost six months within the space of two days after following all instructions given to me. I am very much grateful for restoring peace in my marital home, and I pray God almighty gives you the strength and wisdom to continue helping more people having similar relationships and marital problems like mine. For help you can contact him now through his email and mobile number below.

     
    Email: ifadesolutionspell31@gmail.com 
     
    WhatsApp Number: +2349060120490 OR +1(551) 333-5249.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete