Saturday, August 18, 2018

And I Wonder Why I Napped on Friday (Well, It's All Catching Up To Me)

I posted yesterday knowing we'd get home super late and I wouldn't have time to write. Therefore, this post is about Thursday (I know it's Saturday) recapping our trip to Foxboro, Massachusetts for the Patriots game.

This is not where we sat, but where we settled. I bought expensive tickets online and it had us in the 3rd tier, so high up that it was nauseating to look at the field. We watched a quarter like that and then ventured down to the ground level, before finding a table in the end zone that was a lot more convenient to watch the game.

We also arrived to the game in the 90 degree heat about 4 hours before we needed to be there. That was okay, because we planned on walking around and finding a restaurant to chill out at until the game started (we were successful with that). We also got off in Providence so we could look around at Brown University. As far as Ivys go, it was extremely nice. I'm still scratching my head that anyone would want to settle at Yale. Doesn't seem to be much of a comparison.

The temperatures got to us at the game, however, as viewing in sticky sweat isn't much fun. I couldn't drink because I was driving, but I'm unsure even beer would be refreshing. I knew I had the 2.5 hour drive home and that most of the highway driving was on unlit roads.

The Patriots won and the Eagles did not look like a team coming off the Super Bowl championship. It was somewhat uneventful, besides watching all the drunken Pats fans making fools of themselves. I sure hope they didn't get into cars or trucks when they were leaving.

That made for a very sleepy Friday. I got up at my usual time - I can't sleep in - and that caused numerous yawns all day Friday. I got writing in, and running, but my 3 pm I needed to lie down for a nap. I'm simply spent, as the summer is catching up to me.

Now, the kid heads to Maine and I head into intellectual, nerd land. One week, he fishes, and I research and write. We celebrate his return and then he's off to LeMoyne once more.

Phew! It flies way too fast. 

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete