Friday, August 17, 2018

Next Year Milkweed, But For Now Let the Monarchs Rest in My Back Yard Enroute to S. America

Yesterday, before departing to the Patriots game, I was up early to tackle the lawn, weeding and other yard work. I was in the hot sun for a couple of hours then came inside to write a little.

Tunga came down the stairs and I asked, "Where you going?" He said, "To mow the lawn." I said, "Done."

When I was drinking water on the back patio, I noticed that the butterfly bush bloomed and there were several butterflies feeding from it - excited to see two monarchs in the mix.

Well, Hello grandma. Thanks for visiting me in Connecticut.

I've been trying to keep track of the monarch populations as the milkweed availability has diminished as they travel from S. America to Canada and back. They rely on them for reproduction and next year I am thinking I might plant more to help them on their journey.

Winged flight. Not as delicious as hummingbirds with barbecue sauce, but delectable just the same.

I'm posting this early, because I'm sure to be home late from the game. Was thrilled to see life in my backyard, knowing that my goal all along has been to capture a photo like this. I built a garden in Clarksville and another in Cicero. It's taken a couple of years, but now we have a butterfly attraction on Mt. Pleasant....

...all in memory of An E. Rip.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete