Thursday, August 30, 2018

Back-To-School Teachers, May Your Day Be As Thrilling As This Guy's

Back in my day, when I was ready for a day off of school, I'd create some imaginary sickness leaving my mom to make the executive decision, 'Okay, you can stay home, but let me know if it gets worse."

Truth is, I only took time off when I really needed a day off.

I don't do that anymore. I can't afford to sit still.

But back in the day I would, and my secret treat was always watching Price is Right knowing that it came on from 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. and that I was half way through a day of hookie.

I shouldn't be writing about hookie, today, the first day of school for so many in the Nutmeg state. I should be celebrating the fact that today begins a new year for so many incredible educators in Connecticut. Yes, the heat has given numerous people a half day (phew! It's hot....ridiculously hot), but the fact is here - IT BEGINS ANEW, ALL OVER AGAIN, RIGHT NOW, AND TODAY!

I thought about fireworks and a ticker tap parade as a meme to go with this post. Nope. They're not as appropriate as a win on the Price as Right or the prayer, "I need to win the lottery." Teaching is a wonderful, but impossible job that seems to get less and less respect each year. May all of us begin anew with optimism, a sense of humor, a dedication to knowledge, and a love for kids.

So, here's to all the teachers I know, love and appreciate. This is for you. You will rock this year and, if luck will have it, you'll be invited to the grand prize and an opportunity to play for the whole shebang sometime in your life.

Or, you'll be left with empty bank accounts as you spend more and more of your personal money simply to have the basics for your classroom (that's more likely).


1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete