Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Day 2 of Nature Writing at Weir Farm - Although Hot, A Wonderful Day To Be Outside for a Hike

We knew the temperatures were climbing yesterday and that the humidity might get a bit uncomfortable by afternoon, so we opted to hit the Weir Pond hike in the morning sunlight (trust me - we were disgusting by the end of it).

With that noted, it has to be said that the proper of Weir Farm National Park is breathtaking and stunning. I am amazed by the light there and how every second of every day changes the landscapes and the way we think about it.

We were blessed, too, to have UCONN scholar Danielle Filipiak join us for the afternoon conversation of youth participatory action research and inquiry activism. The day was set up, beforehand, with an activity borrowed from PROJECT WET where everyone was required to build their own community along the water - a river community that leads to the watershed of everyone involved.

Coupled with the activities and hikes was the moment of stillness when we were all required to find a silent spot and simply absorb and right. I love this activity, but I was invaded with biting ants who were taking chunks out of my legs. I was knee-deep in serenity and tranquility when I felt the stinging and swatted. Phew. Didn't mean to hit a guy, but the blood was atrocious and it hurt. I paralyzed the little guy.

Eegads.

Now, today we head to Fairfield University and do something with our photographs, thoughts, and brainstorming, mixing possibilities with our digital spaces.

I am thankful to Weir Farm, Danielle, Rich Novack, National Park Services and the National Writing Project so I'm able to work with such wonderful, thought-provoking teachers. This collaboration has allowed me to connect to my Kentucky environmental days and passion for the outdoors.


1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete