Monday, August 13, 2018

I Was Three, Tunga Was Born Twenty Years Later, And Last Night, We Watched the Original Jaws

I believe it was a good thing to rewatch JAWS with Chitunga at the end of the beach season. This guy, who never sits still long enough to comprehend much at all, managed to watch the entire film over again last night - one I must have viewed 30 times in my childhood. I can't imagine what this did to the American psyche when it came out, especially those communities living by water.

This movie came out pre-cable, pre-internet, during rotary phones, and way before 24/7 News Shows. Word traveled by newspaper, so I'm sure a shark-infested water created paranoia on multiple beaches.

JAWS holds up. It was written in a beautiful way that blended light comedy with absolute fear. It also did wonderful narration with the cinematography that captured the time. Of course, this made me miss Big Brother, but I will catch up.

I've been swimming in the ocean weekly and now I'm like, "Eeks, What if?" Now I know why I loved swimming in the fresh waters of Central New York (and playing JAWS with Dusty as the shark and my parent's king size bed as the buoy of safety.

But speaking of the giant chomp-chomp. Today is Monday - the chomp chomp of the human soul. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete